Pages

Sunday, November 01, 2009

A New Month

Wow. It's November already.
(I've been remiss in my wow-ness over new months lately. Just because I haven't posted it, doesn't mean I don't feel it. ha!)
Is it just me, or has this year gone by with amazing speed?
I'm stunned than Thanksgiving is a little over three weeks away. That Christmas is just seven weeks away. I'm not ready. Not at all. I'm also not ready for K2 to turn 18! 18!! Holy cow!
Unless you live in a box in some polar region you've noticed the Christmas decorations that are already on display. Not ready for that either. I can't even begin to think about the holidays yet. Though I sincerely hope I enter the season without the scrooge mentality. I don't want to this year, though I can feel it in the back of my brain already.
*****
So, I'm still sick. Not the swine flu, just a head cold. No real fever, just snot and lots of it. (You're welcome, because yes, you did need to know that! Ha!) We'll see if it affects anyone else in the house, despite my warfare against spreading the germs. We're at two of six right now.
Instead of the fun mother-daughter weekend that was planned, we've had to alter plans slightly to accommodate my aching head. Of course, the fact that the theater was only playing horror movies yesterday had some impact on that as well. But we ate out, went to the bookstore, rented movies, and ate Ben & Jerry's from our own individual containers, and talked (which made the weekend a success, in my opinion).
And I think that's all I have for this November 1st.
Behave!

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Sounds like a lovely time, despite the sickness!

Victoria said...

It was! I'm glad we had the time together!