Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tall Tale Tuesday

Thanksgiving style...
Which of the following is the truth:
1. My brother was deep frying a turkey at our parent's house and caught their shed on fire. Okay, so it was only a little wee fire, but the smoke permeated the whole house. And, the turkey wasn't fully cooked. It was his first attempt at deep frying turkey.
2. One Thanksgiving, many years ago, we decided to forget about the traditional dinner and have a seafood feast instead. Linguine and clam sauce. Shrimp. Oysters. Crab legs. My sister ended up in the hospital with a severe seafood allergy. She didn't know she even had one until that day.
3. The year my youngest sister hosted Thanksgiving, we put a bikini made out of tin foil on the turkey for the cooking process. We wanted it to look like the turkey had a tan. It only half worked. We also wore foil helmets while preparing the turkey so aliens couldn't tap into our thought processes.
Okay, so which one is the truth?
Behave!

4 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

For some reason, 3 seems most like you guys. But the youngest sister hosting? Um...

I'm gonna go with 1.

Ava Quinn said...

Three!! Three!! THREE!!!!! I so want it to be three.
M3

Victoria said...

But, Nat, you have to remember that my youngest sister is in her 30's!!!
It is three, Ava! And once I find the pictures I'll post them!
V.

Ava Quinn said...

WAHOOOOOOOO!!!