Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

And It's Tuesday Already...

Yeah, I know. It's not Sunday... But...

We had an amazing weekend! Got to the hotel early Friday. Not quite check in time so we took off in search of a beach. Found a rocky, horseshoe crab infested beach with the crabs doing the nasty - like orgy crabs (they make weird noises - freaky). It was bay side, but still awesome to see the open water. We then went to another bay beach, which was nice, but no way to even get to the water without going through private property.

Went back to the hotel and got our room. Went up and it hadn't been cleaned yet. Hauled our stuff back to the Jeep and went across the parking lot for some food. Hung out in the sun on the deck for a few hours until we got too hot. Back to the hotel and into our room. Finally. Took a nap and then got up and went to the venue to help set up.

The organizer had posted that anyone in the area could stop and help do stuff Friday night. We put up cones and helped with various things. We were just about ready to leave when the guy from my work who was joining us called to say he was ten minutes away. So we waited. While we waited, a bunch of chaos erupted and suddenly we were going to the track. That Man asked if we could go along and they were like "hell yeah", so we went... On the race track. At Dover.

Called my work buddy and told him what was going on as we followed the truck in front of us to the gate to get onto the track. That Man and I were pretty much stunned. And then we were on the track. Going pretty damned fast. It was amazing! Work buddy joined the fun on our second lap. OMG! It was an absolute blast! We were going almost 100mph and hanging those walls tight! We had a pace truck, and it was awesome!

What a rush! And so worth the fifty-five thousand miles we walked putting out cones for the event!

Left the track still on a major high! Back to the hotel, waited for work buddy and wife to get checked in and then went to the pub for dinner. There was a bar fight, some people puking, and a super giant bouncer. We got out of there before things got too crazy. Back to the hotel and to bed.

Up really early to get ready for the event. Met up with a Jeep group in the grocery store parking lot behind the hotel. Talked to a bunch of people while we waited for the work guy. He was running late, so we went for good coffee (hotel coffee was abysmal). Finally hit the road and got to the event just in time to get the first time slot for driving on the track for the day.

Since That Man had done it the night before, I was in the driver's seat for Saturday. I was confident and ready. And then we got out there! It was terrifying! And awesome! It felt like I was going to tip as I tried to hug the lower level of the track. We just weren't going fast enough for me to feel confident. At one point I told That Man that I was going to pee my pants! Another ten miles an hour and I would have been golden! But it was amazing and I would totally do it again!

The rest of the day was a blast - food trucks, ceremonies, bands, vendor tents. A beautiful sunny day. We took off back to the hotel and work buddy took off to the beach. Decided against going out or going back to the pub (Saturday night - no thanks. Friday night was bad enough. Oh and Saturday morning there were shopping carts tipped over all across the pub parking lot. Oy!) Walked to the grocery store for food for dinner. Hung out in the hotel room with bad tv and our grub. We were exhausted (we must have walked 55 thousand miles)(and we were sunburned). Feel asleep at a ridiculously early time.

Sunday... We woke to realize it had rained at some point. We left the top down overnight. It wasn't bad. Moved the Jeep to the sun. Talked to another Jeep guy who stayed at the same hotel. He offered us towels and helped us get situated. Nice folks and we'll probably see them next year. Checked out and stopped for real coffee before hitting the road to see my aunt.

Had a very nice visit with her. Actually just got a text from my cousin that said how much his mom enjoyed our visit. I haven't seen her since my mom's funeral. But Mom and I were there not long before that in an effort to try to get the farm stuff situated. We had a really great time.

Left and got stuck in beach traffic on the Bay bridge. We were sunburnt. We're more sunburnt now. We were sunscreened, but that blazing sun.. .lol.

Got home about twenty minutes before a major thunderstorm. My sis and E came to pick up their new babies. It's weird to be two kittens down. They are in good hands, but it's weird to go from five to three. They didn't stay long so they could get their new babies settled in. Ordered subs for dinner. Went to bed super early.

Monday - back to the day job. Awful day.

Today - More day job madness. Things are super rough. Like so rough that I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I love my job and I love what I do, but I don't know how much longer I can continue at the pace I've been working at since January. I'm frazzled and exhausted and feeling super unsupported. I have a lot of thinking to do...

And that's where I'm at.

I've been hand writing. In fact, today is the first time I've been on my computer since Thursday. And I can honestly say I didn't have one freak attack about not having my computer with me this weekend. I think it's because I hyped myself all up about it, but that's besides the point.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. We're supposed to camp in The Wilds this weekend. I hope we can - just waiting on the "too wet" report. We'll have Mr. B with us one night if we do. That will be fun. So far, everything looks good. We're debating on trying to put the camper up. We'll see...

That is all!

Behave!

No comments: