Pages

Thursday, May 02, 2019

Whoot! Three Day Weekend Commencing!

It's my Friday! It's my Friday! Three day weekend! Whoot!

It was a Hell day at the Day Job. Everything was on fire. Like from 7:45 when I clocked in and it didn't get any better all day. Everyone wanted everything immediately and the phone would not stop ringing. I was trying to get myself in a good place to be off, but that did not happen. My reps know who to go to if they need something asap. It is what it is.

As I left the day job, I got a message that a good friend from my writing group lost her husband last night. That threw me big time. He had a brain tumor and they had given him a timeframe, but it just came as a shock. She's a young mom with two kids under six and my heart is breaking for her. That totally rocked my world. I've been struggling with it all night.

So...

Tomorrow is a day off. I have a pretty big list of things to do. I will be back and forth at the house, but I am hoping to get everything done before lunch. We will see. I kind of doubt that will happen though, given the size of my list. And I keep adding things to it, so...

I don't think I will be sleeping in at all. The babies will need to be fed in the morning and since I'm the one who doesn't have to run out of the door, I will be in charge. We're doing the weaning slow. Their formula is mixed with chicken baby food and they eat like monsters. Tomorrow night we will let them try out eating out of a dish again and then they will get much-needed baths. They are stinky. For reals. And they will be super messy after checking out real food in the manner we plan to introduce it. Essentially, by this time next week, they should be mostly weaned from the bottle. We introduced water tonight. So far no one is going for it, but it's a matter of time. We found a "chick feeder" water fountain because we know how much of a mess they will make when they discover it! They'll be five weeks tomorrow, or so we think. Two weeks since we rescued them. Three or so weeks until they're ready to go to their new homes. Weird.

And that is all... I'm sure you'll hear from me tomorrow! Probably while I'm on hold during one of the ten-thousand calls I have to make tomorrow.

Behave!








No comments: