Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Late Night Ramblings

Almost missed the boat on a post for today! Not that anyone truly cares. Ha!
It's been a busy one - but all my chicks are back in the nest. They're tired, happy, and glad to be home. And so am I. More than I can tell you.
I'm writing this from the comfort of my air conditioned room, and I still think it's pretty snazzy that I can be on the Internet while lounging in bed. Maybe the novelty will never wear off. So far it hasn't. It's stinking, stinking hot here - like melt your bones hot and tomorrow is forecast to be the same. Fantastic. I would have escaped to the a/c much sooner, but I had to wait for K2 to arrive back home after a performance tonight.
I used the time waiting to write and I'm happy to report I'm nearly done with the book. Another chapter or so and it'll be finished. Then, it'll sit for a little while and rest before I tackle edits. I love this writing challenge I'm involved in. The reporting of the day's progress keeps me moving. I really hate to report zero's. We do the best 5 days out of 7 - so 2 zero days are acceptable as long as there's some progress on the other days. Starting fresh on Monday gives everyone an equal chance since we all have various things going on that dip into the writing time. If I do manage to type in "the end" tomorrow, I'll end up taking an extra day or two off next week.
Well, that's all - I told you in the title this would be ramblings.
Behave!

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I care!

Even though I...um...haven't visited for more than a week.

But that doesn't mean I don't care! I love your postings!

Victoria said...

Aww! Thanks!
:)