Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mother Hubbard

I've been telling the kids to look again when they say there's nothing to eat. I distinctly remember stocking up on their favorite snacks and cereals - the stuff they can pull out of the cupboards without any help from me. Well, as it turns out they're right...Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard is very, very bare.
So now I'm faced with creating a grocery list that will be no less than two pages long. I just did a quick run through of what we're out of. Everything! Seriously. The fridge is empty. So is the pantry. And the freezer. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but it does tend to occur at times. There are no sandwich bags, no foil, no flour. We're on the last little bit of dish liquid, dog food, cat food, and toilet paper. The kids kicked the last box of cereal this morning. It's sad, really. Since I've been making really quick trips to the store and only paying attention to the immediate meals I've planned, it makes sense.
Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? Ack! I don't mind shopping, especially if I have a list and a fistful of coupons. I don't like to linger there at all, and I hate everything about it from the time I put the goods on the conveyor until I finally get it all stored away. The only small caveat is finding out how much I've saved on coupons and watching the gas points go up. But it's a necessary thing. And it's in the original plans for Friday. There's just been so much other stuff to do on shopping day...
Eh. So it's a lame Thursday post. What can I say?
Behave!

No comments: