Pages

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Random...

I think if you run over someone's recycle bins and completely smash up their trash cans, you should stop and clean up the mess. It doesn't matter that some bonehead cut you off and you had no choice but to swerve right or hit someone. You should at least clean up the mess and leave a note apologizing for putting big ruts in their lawn and decimating their trash can.
*****
The squirrels in my neighborhood have become much bolder than regular town squirrels. This morning I watched one come within five feet of the dog. She might be big and slow, but she's caught tree rats on more than one occasion. Sunday morning, I opened the back door to one sitting on the trash bag waiting to go to the curb. I had to go back inside and slam the door to get him to leave. I thought about just walking by him, but several years ago I did that with a bird and the bird flew into the house. Could you imagine a squirrel inside my house? *shudders*
*****
My elusive Christmas spirit hasn't been located as of yet. I looked for it this morning in the decoration aisle, but it wasn't there. I need to find it soon. We're supposed to get our tree this weekend, so maybe it'll be within the fragrant branches of pine. I hope.
*****
Our cat acts weirder by the day. If he's not sleeping in the bathtub, he's got his paws wrapped around my arm while I'm trying to type, or he's on the kitchen table (which drives me nuts). The thing you have to know is that up until recently, he wouldn't go near the tub and he rarely got on the table. Yesterday he puked on the kitchen table - all over K4's project - and if that doesn't make a person crazy, I don't know what will.
*****
I am missing two loads of laundry. Maybe. Or at least some very specific items. Two pair of my comfy pants have gone awol, a pair of K3's jeans, and about half the towels. I've looked everywhere.
*****
There is a fly in my house. I do not understand. It's cold outside. Where did he come from? Also, the stink bugs are going to drive me insane. Last night there was one flying around the living room, and one in the kitchen. Stupid me, not remembering they're called "stink" bugs for a reason caught one on a paper plate and stuck it under the faucet. Ewww. I'll never do that again.
*****
That's enough random for this sad Thursday without new Supernatural. I'm coming into the homestretch with my work in progress and hope to have it finished by the weekend. There will be much celebrating when that happens. This book has been like a weight around my neck for far too long. Then, I'll start the extensive edits I know it needs, but I don't want to think about that right now.
Behave!!

No comments: