Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Solace

Well, it's been a pretty decent weekend around here.
Most of my chicks are back in the nest after having fantastic times at their various destinations. Friday evening B and I ruined our brains by watching a movie we shouldn't have. And we watched it to the end even though we both hated it. It was like a train wreck or something - so bad we couldn't tear our eyes away. And stupid? Oh my goodness. Let's just say that was nearly 2 hours of my life I'll never get back and leave it at that. Nope. Not going to tell you what it was. I would hate for you to miss the experience. Ha! We also had a nasty round of thunderstorms Friday evening, and, of course, K3 was tenting it with the boy scouts. He said it was pretty bad, but still had a blast. Saturday morning we woke to abundant green and a beautiful day, which was awesome. We took K4 to the movies to see "Horton Hears a Who". She loved it. Then, B cooked dinner and we had a fabulous time just hanging out around the house, doing a little yard work and enjoying the beautiful day. K4 was about tired of everyone being gone by Saturday evening. While she enjoyed her only child status and having our undivided attention, she missed her siblings a whole lot. She was thrilled when they started rolling back home today.
My short is now in the hands of my awesome critique partners. While I wait for their comments, I'll be heading back to editing my full length manuscript in the hopes of then burdening them with that very soon. Which means I've finished one of my major goals for the month.
That's all.
Hope your weekend was smashing!
Behave!!

No comments: