Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What I Need...


I think I already posted this picture. Too bad if I did.
This beach is what I need. Not any other beach, only this one in North Carolina. It's been way too long since we've been and who knows how much longer it'll be until we get to go again. I miss it. My husband and children miss it.
Having the trip planned is what gets us all through the drudgery of daily life. It's what makes the difference in so many things because no matter what happens we know the journey is in the near future.
With no proposed journey, there is no joy.
And that sucks.
Okay, so that's a little grim. Hey, what the heck - it matches the weather outside. (What happened to the warm temperatures?) Anyway. This beach is what I need and that's all there is to it. I also need my annual writer's retreat. Luckily that's in a little over 2 weeks. I can't wait. All the "stuff" is prepared for the attendees and I only have a few minor items to take care of before I get there. I mean minor as in retreat chairperson duties. Everything else is insane, though I'm making good progress on my edits. Over halfway now, but I'll have to do one more pass to make sure the layers all came together the right way. I still think I can finish and ship it out for critique before Friday. I can't wait.
Update on the bug show - B happens to think the show is great. I think he's crazy. Why on earth would you want to watch that right before bed? Especially when they're killing bedbugs? Go figure.
Behave!

3 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I think you'd better pick a date and start planning, hon.

Victoria said...

I know. It's becoming critical! Soon, I hope!!

sailorcross said...

You miss the beach, I miss the beach, too!! I haven't been in years, and I'm really starting to feel it. I need to just sit and stare at the waves--nothing else--just sit and stare.