Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Live From The Retreat - Day One


See those beaming faces?
That's because we're at the retreat!! Actually they were watching something hysterical when I ran in and snapped their picture, but the total glee level is the same. I'm right across the hall and sound carries very well here.
This is a beautiful thing. I have my own room, with my own bathroom. And wireless Internet, which is awesome, but I'm being very good about staying off line. Dinner is in a half an hour, and all we have to do is show up, eat, and clear our dishes. No cooking, no cleaning, no laundry, no carpooling activities. It's amazing.
I could not sleep last night, so I've been up since about 4:45 am. Got here around 9am, unloaded, greeted the arrivals, then we all went to lunch at a chinese restaurant not far from here. (me saying not far is totally subjective - there is nothing out here in the middle of the boonies) Came back and got to work. I have a bunch of pages so far and expect many more by the time I call it a night. My word count's a little lower right now since I have to make sure everyone gets their room keys, and I did take a brief nap (see the 4:45 am waking time). But I'm ready to rock and roll again.
And I'm here for two more full days! It's a beautiful thing!
The only downer is that tonight is the season finale of Supernatural and there is not a single TV on the premises. Megan isn't coming until tomorrow though, and she's going to try to tape it for us so we can all watch tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she has luck with that.
That's all for now!
Behave!

No comments: