Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Of Graveyards and Camping

More cemetery.
I really wish we could have gone back. My camera batteries were nearly dead at this point. I know it's unusual to think old graveyards are cool, but pretty much all of us at the retreat went over at least once. One woman's camera continually failed as she tried to take a picture of one of the headstones. I had camera problems there, too. With the way my camera often malfunctions, I didn't think anything of it. Now I wish I would have paid attention. Probably coincidence.
It's raining here. Again. Which has ended our last hope of getting to camp this weekend. As of last night, we still had a little hope that our meadow would dry out enough for us to go. There's no chance now. With the massive amounts of rain we've had lately, the area is a swamp. We'll still have the picnic on Sunday, and luckily, Sunday is forecast to be sunny and warm. Hopefully this isn't going to be another one of those years when it comes to camping.
School is out in about 10 days. That came up fast. The calendar's in fair shape right now, but we haven't made too many plans yet. I'm still not ready to think about summer, maybe because I'm freezing. I really don't see how we could be this close to summer when I totally missed spring. Did we have one?
Behave!

No comments: