Pages

Friday, January 05, 2018

Feel Good Friday

Thank goodness!

What a long (but short) week! I actually had to think really hard when I clocked out and realized I was off on Monday for the holiday! Sure didn't seem like it!

So anyway! Here's the list:

1. That Mom being completely moved out of her apartment. One day before the cut off. Yay! (We won't talk about the boxes and furniture in my house. They will go to the storage unit next week when it's a little warmer.)

2. That Man being off work today (see #1) and taking care of the shopping and cooking. He made me coffee this morning and started the car so it would warm up. And he made a special trip to the store to get me tissues with lotion.

3. This old beast having enough juice to actually let me pay the bills tonight. It sucks paying bills, but it would have been far more frustrating had I not been able to.

4. Being snuggled up on my couch under a blanket. My ear is killing me. My nose won't stop running and I just want to sleep.

5. The status on my new computer saying it's been built. Now I just wait for it to ship!

6. One of the guys at work went out and started cars about ten minutes before work ended. That was nice.

7. Writing meeting tomorrow.

8. Plans with the family tomorrow evening. Yay!

9. Hopefully Sunday will be the taking down of the holiday decorations. Not that I'm looking forward to it, but I'll be glad to get back to normal around here. I am, however, looking forward to not having outside of the house plans on Sunday. I'll be staying in my jammies and doing laundry. Or, depending on how I feel, I'll just stay in bed all day. We'll see...

10. Sleeping in a tiny bit tomorrow. Just a tiny, but still. I'm sure I'll be crashing here in a few, so there's that.

It's still ridiculously cold here. Negative windchill. The wind cuts through to bone and makes your skin feel like mush if you're outside too long. Even the dog is not about going outside. She goes out if she has to, but there's no ball throwing or messing around. I've been driving K4's car all week. It's just too cold to drive the Jeep, plus there's a huge chance of my brand new plastic windows breaking. The old ones were on the back porch and the untouched one (the one we were going to save  - just in case) has shattered into a million pieces. So far, my new ones look fine, but I'm terribly worried about some punk walking by and punching the plastic... So there's that...

That is all! It's time to find a pillow and snuggle in further.

Behave!

No comments: