Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

Feel Good Friday...

The I'm too stuffed to move edition...

1. That Man and I grabbed K4 after work and went out to eat at a new-ish place not far from That Man's day job. He's been raving about this place for weeks - sending me pictures of his awesome lunches and bragging about the whole thing. So we decided to check it out as a family. 

The service was a little slow, but she was sweet and awesome. Not too busy at all. We had awesome loaded fries and then... the food. Amazing. It was one of those deals where you're full, but you just can't stop eating because it's so damned good. Yeah. It was like that. I had a french dip sandwich with onions and mushrooms. So freaking good. I never even touched my hand cut and amazing fries. I ate 99.8% of my sandwich. That Man got an Italian boli, which I had a bite of an almost died from how good it was. K4 got a burger with bacon, tons of cheese, and an egg on top. She actually got a box for half of it, but that half a sandwich died about two blocks after we left the place and she was left with the empty box. We'll definitely go back. Next time I'm not going to eat the entire day before.

2. It's Friday, bitches! What a super long week at the day job. I broke my own record today in the amount of work I got done - which is awesome, but the reason that happened was because I had a ton of easy stuff to do, so whatever. I don't think I talked to anyone I work with at all today until after work - except for the usual pleasantries when you pass each other or whatever. I had headphones in and was focused on the work. That's how it usually is for me, but today was a little different for some reason. And I have about ten phone calls to return on Monday....

3. The week, while long, ended up being pretty decent. I got a lot of critiquing done and a little writing, kept up on the laundry and kitchen cleaning. I did the adulting thing and paid the stupid bills when we got home tonight. I also sorted through a stack of crap that I had stuck in a drawer - you know, that stuff that you need to look at, but just not at that moment. It's all shredded or tossed now - the only things that survived were the things I had no choice but to keep. I have a zero-ish mail policy now. I keep nothing unless I have no choice.

4. Plans to sleep in tomorrow. Yay!

5. Hanging with That Man tomorrow. We have a bunch of running around to do, but we'll be together so it doesn't matter what we do.

6. Managing to actually find K5 her unicorn slippers. After a first failed attempt and return, between her mom and I, we found a pair that worked and she's happy. Who knew unicorn slippers were going to be so hard to find? It's ridiculous! Her mom and I have both been looking since Thanksgiving!

That's all I have for now...

Behave!

No comments: