Pages

Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy New Year!

It's been officially 2018 for almost a whole day now.

It's been a good day.

Slept in a little, which was really not sleeping in since I stayed up later than I'd expected. Coffee. Bacon breakfast with homemade biscuits. A nap. A shower. Then off to see the grandkids at K2's. We hadn't had a chance to do Christmas with them yet, so off we went.

Those two grandbabies are so stinking cute and adorable. Baby C made us tea and eggs and all manner of things from her kitchen. She was super excited the the "mixer like mommy's" that we got her, and the toaster and tea kettle for her kitchen and the cute frog my sister-in-law and brother gave her. She kept hiding the frog and then acting worried because it was missing. The toaster pops up super fast and made all of us laugh. Baby I is such a snuggle bug. He's six months now and has the most gorgeous brown eyes and dark curly hair. When you pick him up, he just snuggles right into you and looks up at you with the most trusting and cute eyes. He's so busy, too. We were buddies all afternoon. Then, he snuggled into his Didi and I think she almost lost it in the cuteness.

Back home to make dinner for our guests. Nice dinner. Yummy mashed potatoes. Good company.

I wrote. Yay! My very good friend says to do all of the things on New Year's Day that you want to do all year. So... I wrote. I kissed That Man a lot. I did not do laundry, even though I need to. That Man and I worked as a team on dinner and cleaning up. I laughed with K4. I napped. That was good stuff.

And now tomorrow we are back to the day to day grind and the holiday season is officially closed. (Now to just get the tree down and decorations packed away)

Behave!

No comments: