Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2018

Four Days In...

It's freaking ridiculously frigid out!

I just checked my weather app and it says it feels like 3*! We are to expect wind chills anywhere from 10 below zero to 30 below zero through Saturday morning. Schools have already delayed for tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if they started closing here soon.

The house is, surprisingly, warm, which is a switch from this past weekend. We've had to fight to get it warm and we're almost out of coal, which is a huge issue. That Man is on it, though.

So, I had to order a new computer. This one I am using (the one I've had for almost four years now)-has worked more tonight (of course) than it has for the past four days. I've checked everything (and I'm not computer stupid at all) and there's no excuse except for the fact that I need to update Windows, and every time I do I have to reset the entire thing. As you know, I've been fighting with this computer for almost a year now. It's time for a new one.

The cool thing is that I found an awesome deal and I got a 17" screen with mega memory for less than the price of a 15" screen with a so-so memory. The down side is that it will be another 7-10 days until it gets here...

I have everything backed up now. Once my new computer arrives, I'll do the updates to this one and reset it and maybe it'll work good enough for That Man to do what he needs to do. Or maybe I'll take it outside and run it over a bunch of times.

I did manage to send my final copy and info for The Second Sentence story, which was stressing me out because it took me two days to do what should have taken an hour. The Second Sentence comes out January 15th! Look for it! (Thought I may be late to announce here, depending on my computer situation.)

So, after having the plague twice now, I am now the proud recipient of a cold. Everyone at work has it as well and it sucks. I started feeling weird in the middle of the night last night - waking up with a burning nose and a face headache. I did my best to ignore it, and then this afternoon, everything started going downhill. Sneezing, running nose, more intense face headache. I'm sniffling, sneezing, and seeing the bed in my near future.

We had plans to see one of That Man's oldest friends tonight, but between his maladies and mine and the black ice everywhere, we chose to not go. The last thing we want is to pass this crap. Or die on some back road because of ice. It sucks because we haven't seen them in forever, but it is what it is...

It's time for me to go... I'm seeing the signs of this computer hosing up, so hopefully I get to post this before it's too late.

Behave!

No comments: