Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Feel Good Friday...On Sunday...

I want more weekend. I need more weekend!

Let's do the list before I start crying about how tired and sore I am and how I wish I had off tomorrow... (ha!)

1. Friday's absolutely beautiful weather. It definitely lightened the mood. We ended our week with a fire in the backyard, some pizza & calzone, and a few beers. That was super, super nice and so needed.

2. Saturday's stone laying. Though it started off rough with That Man getting a flat tire while he was picking up landscaping timbers. I had to go and rescue him. But then we went and picked up the first load of stone and got it laid in my shelter. Got the timbers in and pretty much crashed. We ordered Chinese food for dinner, which was amazing and were in bed early.

3. More stone laying today. Went for another load and got maybe 3/4 of the way through the whole project. It's going to be nice not having to squish in the mud when I get in and out of the Jeep. It will also be nice not to bounce and shake as I'm pulling in. That's still going to happen until we finish it off, but it'll be much better now.

4. We signed up for a Jeep event in May. It's an event to support fallen police officers and the first so many people get to drive their Jeep around the race track. I think I might have been the 2nd person to sign up. Ha! I got the alert that registration was open and immediately signed up. Made our hotel reservation, too. A guy from work and his wife are going down, too, so we might change our hotel so we're all at the same one. Or we might find an airbnb or something. I'm so looking forward to this. I've been looking forward to it since I first found out about it.

5. I also signed up for a Women on Target gun training course. Looking forward to that, too. It's being run by a woman I graduated from high school with, so that will be cool. I know I have a bunch of people who will help me learn, but this way I will know a little more than I already do and feel more confident. I've wanted to take this course for a few years now.

6. Stuff getting done. We would have worked outside a lot longer today, but it's not quite warm enough, plus we need to renew our composting facility pass. That's getting done this week. The rest is the normal stuff that must be done - grocery shopping, laundry, blah blah blah.

7. Dinner is almost ready. Butter Chicken. We found a fantastic spice blend to use for it and it just gets better and better every time we make it. We were going to make something else for dinner and have this later in the week, but I couldn't wait. It's one of my absolute favorites. So... definitely not Irish food for us today.

8. After dinner, it's writing. I didn't get anything done yesterday because my eyelids hurt after the stone. I have already taken care of a bunch of my writing chapter stuff and emails, but I'm also in a class right now and I need to catch up on that. It just started today, so I'm not behind or anything, but emails are flying and I haven't read any of them yet.

9. Today is St. Patrick's Day. We're not Irish. Even though everyone is Irish on St. Patty's Day. Ha! We missed the Bloody Mary's and the Irish Coffee brunches today, though we thought about going. We were busy laying stone and doing stuff.

10. Dinner was fantastic. And also, my lunch will be as well! Dishes are 90% done. Laundry is 95% done. It's still early. So I will get my writing done. This week coming up looks more like the previous weeks. It's going to be crazy at work. As it has been. As it will be.

That is all!

Behave!

No comments: