Pages

Sunday, March 03, 2019

Trail Ride Sunday...

We took the Jeep on a trail ride today. Just That Man and I.

We headed out a little earlier than planned because we were both starving. A quick stop for breakfast and water, and then we hit the road. We knew we were going to run into snow, but we didn't expect to be pushing snow with the bumper of the Jeep. We did pretty well though. Made it almost to the top of the mountain before we figured we'd pushed our luck long enough. Turned around and headed back through the snow and wagon trails.

It was a lot of fun, though a little stressful at times when the snow would push us towards the cliff-side. It was good to get away for a few hours. There's no cell service on the trail, so no worries about people calling or texting. (Though that wold have been an issue if we had problems or got stuck) We'll be heading out again once the snow melts. I want mud on my Jeep!

And I would love to find a sweet little cabin along that trail! That's years away though, but it would be so cool!

Just as we got cell service again, we learned that K3's car was overheating and he needed help. We headed that way, though he already had help on the way. We got there to find that the problem was already in hand, though as the car came to full temperature, it started leaking again. Worn-through hose. We left the guys to handle it and came home. I took a nap.

K4 was supposed to have her DnD crew here tonight for gaming and game planning. That didn't happen thanks to the snow, so we pared down our taco feast for the three of us. I felt bad for her because she's been planning this for a week or more.

I have to say... Mrs. Renfro's salsa is the bomb! That Man said we are never buying any other kind of salsa again. So freaking good! The only disappointment was that the queso I bought yesterday had been previously opened and the top layer was all dark and hard. That's going back to the store asap... and I was so looking forward to queso and chips!

It started snowing shortly after. And it's still snowing! Yay! I guess we'll see about work. The schools are all delaying. My kids work closed already. K4 is on spring break, so no worries there. That Man will drive her car tomorrow since it's four-wheel drive and his is not.

So... I'm going to get busy on the writing now...

Behave!

No comments: