Pages

Friday, March 01, 2019

Feel Good Friday! and March 1st!

Oh hi, Friday... It's about time you got here. This week felt like six or more weeks! I kid you not! And... Now it's freaking March!!

What a week! We lost five more people at the day job. One was the new lady, who decided this wasn't the job for her. Okay. Fine. Don't stay if you're not happy and committed and don't waste our time in training if you don't plan on staying. I liked her a lot though. Then, one of the managers at the store left for greener pastures. One of the guys in my department is perfect for the job and they offered him the job today. Awesome for him! It'll be sad to see him go though, he is a great guy and fit perfectly with us, but it's an perfect move and I'm so happy for him. Then, one of the customer service ladies was offered another job (not with us) and took it. Then, one of the other customer service ladies put in her two weeks, along with her fiance who worked in the store. We've known they were leaving for months and now is the time for them and that's fine and good. It's kind of crazy. Well, not kind of. Very crazy. But it is what it is. I'm not going anywhere at this point. I still love my job, my company, my customers, my reps, and the people I work with... all three of them... ha! They bought us lunch today and we're allowed to work overtime. In fact, I'm allowed to work from home tomorrow to get some critical stuff done. So that's a bonus. Like I said, it is what it is... these cycles happen.

Anyway... Let's get to the feel good part...

1. Friday! Easy dinner. Talking to friends on the phone. Not having to buy my own Friday lunch today. My kid being home from college for the next week. Being in sweat pants. Laughing with That Man.

2. Writing meeting tomorrow! But first! Breakfast with my ladies! Yay!

3. Snow in the forecast overnight! I don't think it will affect much for my meeting. It's similar to what we had overnight last night. Work was delayed today, but I went in at my normal overtime time. I know some people won't make it to the meeting because of the snow and that's sad, but I'm happy to be back in our former location!

Though it's sleeting now. So who knows what will actually happen overnight.

4. Getting to do my day job work tomorrow at home. It's a super important and I'm happy to get it off of my plate. In fact, it's a must that I get it taken care of tomorrow! Things are so crazy busy at the day job that it's actually a relief to get the go ahead to work from home. Plus, I'll get paid.

5. Plans with That Man for Sunday. Though with the impending snow, we might be out of luck. I hope not, but if we are, then we'll figure something else out. Either way, we're doing something alone together.

6. Snow in the forecast for Sunday!! Ha! I hope so! I know so many of you all are against more snow, but I am not! If we close, I get to work from home, so that's a bonus, too. A better bonus than losing a day's pay.

7. The kid being home from college for break. She's got plans. We have plans together. It'll be good. She's so busy these days, I don't get to talk to her much during the week. She's busy when I'm not. I'm busy when she's not. I miss the kid.

8. Seeing my boys last night. They came for dinner. We were hoping to get more leftovers gone, but sadly, we ended up making more leftovers. South Bay Chowder repurposed from loaded potato soup. So good, but not as good as usual! It was nice to see my little guys and my big people, except I started feeling like crap halfway through the visit and didn't think I should hold Little B anymore.

9. Despite the crazy week, getting the words on the page! I'm over halfway in getting this book done! Whoot!

And... That is all I have...

Behave!


No comments: