Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Oy! Tuesday!

I lost the weekend! Well. I didn't, but I didn't post or even get on my computer until late Sunday night... That's fine, but not so good for the writing. Though I did get a couple of words on the page Sunday night.

Saturday -
Gun class was awesome! It was super casual, super informative, and I loved it. We had class time - mostly safety stuff and information, but not in a typical kind of classroom way. Then we got range time. Loved it. We had to start out with their firearms and then could switch to something else, or our own guns if we had them. I don't have one, so I switched to a little revolver, which I loved. I found that by having to pull the hammer back, it slowed me down and reminded me of what I needed to do to shoot correctly. I didn't do too bad as far as target shooting. The downfall was that it was very dark in there and my eyes suck and you have to hold a revolver differently than a regular handgun, so that threw me a little. Also, I had to reload twice as much as everyone else, so many times I was the last one done. My instructor had to turn his flashlight on for me to reload because I couldn't see. And I was a lot more nervous than I thought I'd be. It was cool though. There were five of us and each had their own instructor on the range, so the one on one was awesome. I kind of wish we would have been able to be outside because of the lighting (it was so windy and cold), but it was still great. There were three people from my graduating class there - one was the instructor, one a student like me, and another instructor. We didn't really get to talk much, but we did get a picture together at the end. After we had our range time, we then cleaned the firearms - not like totally take apart and clean, but basic cleaning, which was something I wanted to learn. Definitely recommend the class.

Had the little boys Saturday night. They are so cute. Little B is so smiley and happy and he watches his brother constantly. By the end of the night though, Little B was flushed and felt super warm. He was still smiling and pleasant, but it was clear he was starting to not feel well. Big B spent the night. He was so thrilled to be here. We let him choose movies and grabbed his favorite dinner and snacks. He karate-chopped and imaginary-wrestled his way through the evening, and asked to go to bed not long before his parents got here to pick up Little B. And he sacked out immediately. It was a good night.

Sunday -
Mostly relaxing, but we did some cleaning. Did laundry. Made a nice roast chicken dinner. Did taxes. Oy. Almost done. K4 needs to pay some local taxes, but hers are done. I just need to file our Federal. The local and state are done. I didn't realize how much stress taxes were causing me, but typically I have ours done early February, so...

Still dealing with stocks. I got a letter from the place I sent in for value that told me they aren't the holder. But the jerks didn't send back the documents (documents that cost the estate money). How rude! I don't know what to do now... I talked to them on the phone and they confirmed they were the place I needed to contact! What a bunch of crap!

Monday -
I felt like absolute and utter crap all day. My old boss gave me some day medicine and it helped for a while. By the time I got home, though, I was in awful shape. I just wanted to sleep and my nose was running, my head hurt, my whole body hurt.

Though when I woke this morning, I had no more nose running/sneezing, but still the aches. Allergies? I don't know. I don't usually have allergies, but it's entirely possible.

What else?

I sent in my full manuscript to start on edits for the book coming out in July. I've also done my cover art form! So exciting!

That Man and I are going away this weekend! The animals and house are set with more than competent care. We are 50-75% packed. We have our regular Wednesday night thing tomorrow, but will have to pack our clothes when we get home. Then...we're out of here. No Internet. Not a great phone signal. Just That Man and I in the wilderness. SO looking forward to it! And I should get copious amounts of writing done!

So... You might not hear from me again until Sunday...

Behave!

No comments: