Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Back From the Wilds...

Not the usual Wilds, but a close second.

We had a wonderful time - good food, good conversation. Just the two of us. We headed out of here immediately after work on Thursday. Got to our destination, unloaded, and then hit the store to stock up on supplies. Back to get organized and had dinner. Watched a movie.

Friday I slept in a bit. That Man got up and did some cabin maintenance. It was raining, so we made an awesome breakfast and curled up on the couch to watch a movie. I wrote and took a nap. Finally, the weather broke. We had a fire in front of the river.

Saturday we slept in, drank coffee, and ran to the store because we'd changed our minds about dinner. Our friend who owns the cabin came up and took us out on his boat. That was cool.

We cooked more awesome food and thought about going up the hill to the brewery, but once the band started we knew that wasn't happening.

There was a very pregnant cat hanging out in an old boat. I gave her some chicken, but she wouldn't let me pet her.

The toilet in the cabin flushes with hot water. That is the weirdest and funniest thing in the world to me.

I didn't get a lot of writing done, but I figured out what is wrong with my work in progress, which is ginormous.

Got home to a houseful of our kids - K4 is hosting a Dungeons and Dragons game. K1, K3 & A, S, and a friend of K4's. We did what we needed to do with unloading and laundry and have been hanging out in our room ever since we got home. Whatever. I don't really mind. We ordered pizza for dinner and I finished our taxes, paid bills, and took care of my writing chapter newsletter. Definitely productive.

And that is all... Now I write.

Behave!

No comments: