Pages

Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Wednesday... What?

I haven't written a word all week so far and that's super awful...

Okay, scratch that. I had to take a break to do some other stuff and I managed a couple of hundred words before I came back here. So that's something... I guess. I'm still two days down though.

It's been a crazy week so far...

Monday - No work for me. I woke feeling completely and utterly awful. We had a delay due to the snow, which really wasn't an issue since the main roads were just wet, but I went back to bed, setting my alarm to get up to go in. When my alarm went off, I knew there wasn't a chance I was making it. I slept pretty much all day. When I wasn't sleeping, I was watching dumb tv in bed and worrying about the rumbling in my stomach. Which went on all day. Never turned on my computer. Never checked my emails. Never did a lot of things...

That Man got home and made an easy-on-the-stomach dinner, and I was able to kind of eat. To bed early.

Tuesday - Back to work. Early, too. So far behind and only made worse by not being there Monday. I expected that. Not the major amount of phone calls we dealt with. Home to a leftover dinner and a super early bedtime. A little messaging with K2 before that. I slept for about ten hours straight.

Today - Overtime this morning with That Man taking me to work since it's super cold and the Jeep heat still sucks. Plus, him dropping me off is a good way for me to get there when I want to. Crazy day with new hires and an epic crapton of phone calls. My case load hit a maximum it's never been to before. I also closed more cases than I ever have before. Brain draining. And I'm still swimming in the mud.

That Man picked me up. We stopped for a quick bite before our normal Wednesday stuff. Then we realized our normal Wednesday stuff wasn't actually happening tonight (as we pulled up). So we hiked to the grocery store for supplies.

Back home to work the day job stuff for another hour and a half or so. (Finally figured out what the problem was) Ugh. Sometimes I'm not as smart as I think I am... Ha! But what I had to get done is now done. Which is epic. Checked my case load before I logged off and it's even more ugly than it was when I left. Whatever. I can only do what I can do...

Talked to K1 on the phone for a while. Did some laundry, too. Took care of some household administration stuff.

I managed to get about 75% of the stuff hanging over my head done. The 25% not done is eating at me, but I know that no good will come of me trying to take care of it all tonight. I'm exhausted - both physically and mentally. Tomorrow is another day.

It's later than I wanted it to be.

Bed is calling. Tomorrow is another early work day.

Behave!

No comments: