Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mud and Fun


Our friends on the farm rescued several horses not long ago. They're skinny and unbroken, with some health and other problems, but they're the sweetest things. This one is my favorite. It looks like a giraffe and is really shy. It'll come over for petting, but doesn't linger for long. The other one with similar markings always has its head out of the stall and is very tolerant, despite the scars on its nose and neck from a halter that was left on as it grew. I'm not sure if they're planning on breaking them for riding, but I'd like to be there if they do.
The kids had a blast running around, and of course, we all came home kind of muddy and tired. I have pictures of goats, chickens, ducks, cows and buildings - which you'll see throughout the coming week. We ate stromboli (she makes the best stromboli ever), talked, laughed and talked some more. I lingered in her craft shop, checking out stuff I might need. It was a very cool day.
Then it got dark. As I was standing outside taking in the lack of car noise, people noise, and light, I realized that's one of biggest thing I miss about living up there - the quiet.
It's a place that will always feel like home to me. (not that there's a chance of us moving back with the current price of gas)
Behave!

No comments: