Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Avast!
I be forgettin' about this memorable day. K1 jangled my line earlier to remind me. It's time to talk like a pirate. You can even drink some rum if you want.
Me and me hearties be scurrying around the deck doing some swabbin' and fixin' some vittles and lookin' yonder to a rest post a long bunch o' days afore. There's a fair wind blowin' and respite ahead.
I miss celebrating this day with me beach hearties - the scallywags. Now 'tis a sad wind blowin through the pirate talkin' with no beach journey on the horizon.
tee hee...
You have to admit, "Talk Like a Pirate Day" is a very worthy day! I love it!
Behave!

2 comments:

sailorcross said...

I didn't know it was talk like a pirate day until I saw it on someone else's blog!! I just keep missing these special days!! Somebody better start keeping track of me.

Anyway, here's a site where you can go to find out your pirate name:

http://www.piratequiz.com/

I'm now know as Captain Bess Bonney--sometimes unpredictable, but generally well-liked.

Hmmm....wonder what your's is going to be?

Beth

Victoria said...

That's awesome!! Thanks!
I'm Bloody Bess Kidd!
I live for the fighting, but I'm a fine, reliable pirate!
There's an html code with the description, but it didn't load on my blog right. Bummer.