Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Answer!

It's crazy snowing here! More on that later though!
First, here's the answer to Tall Tale Tuesday!!
1. Remember that movie, A Christmas Story, when the kid sticks his tongue to a pole? I did that. I was ten. It wasn't a pole, it was a railing. It hurt like heck. My brothers laughed first, then got me help. Nope! I've had my hands stuck, but never my tongue.
2. Surprisingly enough, despite how much I love the snow, I am intolerant of cold. I don't like to ski (never have) and very rarely play outside when it snows. Though being outside in the snow is much different than being outside in the bitter cold. Go figure. Yes. I love, love, love the snow, but it's very rare that I will go out and play in it. I have never skied and while I think I might like it, the fact that it's cold out changes my mind.
3. On a ski trip when I was 13, I collided with another skier and broke my leg in two places. She broke her arm and we both had concussions. They airlifted us off the slopes. I can't even remember her name now, despite being pen pals for a few years afterwards. Nope. I've never skied in my life.
So there you have it.
More on the Snowpocalypse later!
Behave!

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I knew it was #2. I don't know why. :)

I've done number one. Not intentionally, I was licking snow off the aluminum step of a pool slide and accidentally touched the metal. When I tried to get my tongue off, my lips stuck. I was lucky, though. No damage. My brother thought it was cool, stuck his tongue to the metal support pole, and left a circle of it there. *cringe*

Victoria said...

That makes my stomach hurt!! *shudders*