Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dear Supernatural People,

Thanks for a fantastic episode! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I cringed, I stared in horror, I cheered. The ep was packed with so much emotion. I swear you could feel it coming from the television and soaking into you.
When Castiel kicked the crap out of Dean, I was both horrified and delighted. Horrified that Dean's essentially believed everything Cas gave up to help them meant nothing. Honestly, I hadn't even thought about how Dean saying yes would affect Cas. The furious emotion from Cas was very nicely done - that's where the delight comes in. Bobby broke my heart with his single bullet and telling Dean the reason he didn't do it was because of a promise he made to Dean.
Adam being yanked from his grave was a very dirty angel trick. Adam's character was very nicely played. I had no trouble believing Adam would have been hunting demons right next to Sam and Dean had they known him sooner. His attitude was perfect. Those angel's totally yanked the poor kid around.
Dean was pretty much a jerk for most of the episode. Yeah, I get that he felt he had no choice and the events of the past few episodes had taken the life, and the faith, right out of him. He was in crisis and Jensen played that perfectly. It doesn't change the fact that I wanted to smack him upside his head many, many times. What he said to Sam was so wrong, so horrible. But then, Dean turned the corner and did the right thing. I'll admit it: I cheered when he ganked Zachariah. The character, much like Gordon for me, was very nicely played.
Sam was steadfast through the whole thing. His unfailing belief that Dean would do the right thing even if Bobby and Cas didn't agree. His lack of external response to Dean's hurtful words. His belief in his brother and the fight. Loved it.
The ending was perfect. Dean's apology, Sam's near tears. Yes! Though I have to say, I hope Sam's mistakes stop being an excuse for Dean. How much does Sam have to apologize. I know he started the apocalypse, but technically Dean did with being the righteous man and all. They both did the best they could and end of the world or not, I'm tired of hearing Dean bash Sam for his mistakes.
I'm afraid there was too much chaos in my house for me to hear much of next week's preview. All I know is that I probably won't get to watch it until at least Friday night or Saturday, depending. And that makes me very, very sad.
Anyway. Good job, Supernatural People. Nicely done.
Behave!

No comments: