Pages

Friday, September 14, 2018

Feel Good Friday!

Friday is here! Yay!

Let's hit the in-no-particular-order list!

1. Dinner with the kid this week! She's staying on campus this weekend to move into her new digs with her friends. Still on campus, but it will be a much better situation than she's currently in. She and her current roommate are on different planes of existence and that's okay. K4 likes her, but they're not compatible as roomies. Their schedules are vastly different and so are their tastes in pretty much everything.

2. That Man removing the annoying boxes left in the living room. Yay! I have my whole living room back! There will be more rearranging of stuff this weekend and potentially I will have my office very soon.

3. Lunch with the big boss today. We had this program a few years ago and it was awesome, but some things changed and it wasn't feasible anymore. I hadn't planned on attending because I'd already been to one, but my direct boss said I should go and my work load was light enough that I could justify it. It was nice to get out of the office and hang with a few coworkers and just talk to the big boss. We sat in an outside venue and had awesome food and conversation. He wants to know what you're thinking about the company and what's going on and he listens to what you say. He always has had an open door policy, but it's nicer when it's outside of the office walls.

4. Signing up for a book festival in December! So excited! It may be lame to some, but I have three events lined up for the rest of this year. And I just got a big old box of books today! Yay!

5. Friday! It was a reasonably light day at the day job, though I did a lot of running around, organizing, and stuff you can't measure with our system. That's okay though. My stats are just fine.

6. Easy dinner after a quick trip to the grocery store. Why is it that you run out of all of the expensive stuff at the same time? Dog food. Laundry soap. Cat food. Ugh!

7. Sleeping in tomorrow. Even if it's for a little. That Man and I have stuff to do.

8. Getting a decent amount of writing in this week. And more to do this weekend.

That is all for now!

Behave!

No comments: