Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Weekend is Almost Over...

I am old. 
We spent yesterday going up and down the attic stairs and climbing up and down ladders. Painting. Cleaning. 
I hurt. 

But...
Since the kid was supposed to stay on campus this weekend, we figured it would be the perfect time to get her bedroom done. We hauled all of the house guests remaining items up to the attic, cleaned the room, painted the room, and then moved K4's stuff over. 

Then we had an event to go to, so we showered and did that. 

Came home and moved my desk into K4's old room... I now have AN OFFICE! Holy crap! I've been waiting for this for so very long. 

Look at it! I mean! My very own office space! 

I am beyond elated. 

It's a work in progress. I have many things I've been saving for just this time. I'm finding them all and slowly getting things organized. I will post a picture of the ridiculous amount of sombreros I hung up later. (These are the sombreros we brought home from my uncles last summer - the ones we didn't have a choice but to accept. Ha!)

That picture on the wall is from paint night with my girl. I also have another paint night picture hung, and some original prints from the bestie. 

K4's room turned out awesome, too. I didn't take any pictures of that, but she has a nearly identical picture hanging on her wall. (Hers is way better than mine)

So anyway. She came home this weekend since the dorm room switch won't happen until this coming week and she was bored on campus since everyone else went home, too. She hung out with her brother and cousin last night, so that at least gave her a little time to finish. She thought we were mad at her for coming home. Once she saw what we did, she understood why we seemed annoyed when she called to tell us she was. ha! 

Today is laundry and writing stuff. I spent several hours upstairs organizing, so things don't look exactly like they did in the picture. I still have stuff to put in there and am weighing my furniture options for storage. I need to find more stuff for the walls, too. Like I said, it's a work in progress. And I love it. 

That's all for now. 

Behave! 

No comments: