Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Well... Here I am in Maryland...

I made it! I'm in a pretty much brand new hotel in the middle of nowhere!

My room smelled slightly musty and when I entered, the toilet was filling and the water at the sink was hot, which tells me someone came in to freshen while I checked in. The carpets absolutely look brand new and the air conditioner is slowly getting the musty smell out. But whatever. I'm really absolutely not complaining.

This area is in the process of building up, so things are random. And they charge you 5 cents if you want your groceries bagged. Weird. So... You see no physical evidence of a reusable bag on my person and yet you still ask me if I want a bag for my sodas, chips, and sandwich? Weird.

I should have done something different for dinner, because the grocery store deli sandwich is pretty damned gross. I've taken a few bites and don't know if I can take another. I have some Sun Chips though, so I'll just eat those until time for breakfast. This hotel has free breakfast, which is awesome.
And no one down here drinks regular diet coke? Seriously? I was going to buy a twelve pack or a six pack or even a two liter, but nooo.... I had to pay out the butt for three 16 ounce bottles from the register refrigerators. Really?

I worked the day job for a little when I got back from my journey for food. Talked to three reps, one of them not mine, which is fine and awesome. Also talked to one of my clients because he'd left me a voicemail and I couldn't hear it. (He's my first appointment tomorrow) I emailed him and gave him my cell number and he called me. I'm excited to meet him tomorrow. We've been talking for two years now and this will be the first time I'll been face to face with him. I'm not supposed to give my personal information to clients, but I would do it again...

I'm going to write now... I tried to eat a few more bites of my sandwich but I thought it would be better if I didn't have food poisoning tomorrow... Yeah... It was that bad. The Sun Chips seem to be safe though...

Behave!


No comments: