Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Maryland - Day Three

Another crazy long day!

Started early. Awesome first visit with one of my favorite departments. We were there a lot longer than I expected, but it was good. I got a tour and helped them with something they're looking for. My rep was doing the same thing with the other Quartermaster. Super productive.

Next, we went to a coffee shop and worked for about an hour. I'd worked for about an hour before left, but was able to take care of some pressing things for my other rep (I have three) and get some other stuff taken care of.

Then off to visit my buddy. This guy was apparently someone no one ever wanted to work with before. I don't understand that. He's awesome and we have a great relationship. My first interaction with him back in the day was when I was brand new and I accidentally sent him another departments order. He just laughed and after that, we developed an amazing working relationship. He asks about my personal life and I ask about his. Sometimes when nothing is going on, he just emails me to check in. He's retiring soon, and that's going to suck, but I imagine we'll keep in touch afterwards. I've met his wife and he knows That Man's name without prompting from me. He's like a cool uncle.

We went to lunch at this awesome pub. The food was amazing and so was the conversation. But, seriously, I have laughed so hard the past few days my sides are sore. My rep has some crazy work contacts who crack me up.

After that, we hit up another person I was excited to meet. This guy has worked exclusively with me for the last four years. He wasn't fond of my previous rep (not the last one, but the one before), but we managed to forge a routine and a good working relationship. (Even after he called and yelled at me the first time I talked to him.) Ha! We got a tour of the department, met some other people, saw some cool stuff, and he hooked me up with a coffee cup and a key chain. Awesome!

Made the long trek back to my hotel. Total exhaustion. I worked for about an hour and then started organizing my stuff. I'm heading out to meet my other rep in this area pretty early tomorrow. So I threw some stuff in the car and I think I have everything ready to go in the morning. Scheduled most of the bills to be paid, too. Bailed on dinner. I'm not hungry and my rep texted to say he wasn't feeling great and was exhausted, too. Not a problem. I could go get some food if I wanted to, but I am still not hungry.

Now it's hours later. I've been on the phone since the last paragraph - three hours ago. Talked to two kids, That Man, and my boss. Boss call was the longest. I've missed many things at the office this week.

And I have some words to write and then sleep.

That is all.

Behave!

No comments: