Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Still No Babies...

We're waiting for them... 

Okay. One is not quite due yet. We have a week or so for that. The other is past cooking time and needs to show his adorable face. 

I really hoped little man would make his appearance by now, but he's apparently warm and cozy where he is. I guess his lateness gives me more opportunity to feel caught up at the day job. 

But... Come on, little guy. Nanners is waiting to hold you. 

It's Wednesday. 
And it's snowing a bit. 

I don't think it's going to do more than flurry. Snow is not even really in the forecast. 

We had a crazy day and a pretty decent evening. Got to see friends and talk with them, which is always good. Now we're just waiting for the furnace to catch so we can get some sleep. 

Tomorrow is Thursday. One more day closer to the weekend. I have no aspirations that the day job is going to be any less frantic than it's been. I have no expectations of grandchild news. There is a plan for That Man and I to get some dinner somewhere, but we'll see what happens there. I have gift cards and shopping cash, but they add up to a place he's not always keen on going to. We might just grab something and stay in and do laundry and stuff. Ha!  

This weekend is going to be super crazy. 

Friday night will be shopping - not Christmas, but baby. I need to get little man some socks and stuff. I need to shop for my new great niece or nephew. Of course, we could do that tomorrow night, too. Hmm...

Saturday morning is a brunch at a dear friend's house. I haven't seen her in about six months and that sucks. We used to see each other every day. 

Then we meet my sister-in-law for the opening of the room for the baby shower place. Then the shower. Possibility of a party after that, but no idea if we're going to make that. I'm not rushing away from the shower since I haven't seen my siblings in forever. 

Sunday is... wait... I think there is nothing going on Sunday? I could be seriously wrong about that, but at this very moment, I can't think of anything. I'm sure I'm wrong though. To any event, laundry must be done. The groceries must be purchased. Ack. 

I took a little break from writing since the 50/50 challenge ended last Friday. Just a few days to back off and get some perspective again. Wrote tonight on a story I have only until February to submit. So far, I'm digging it. I hope to get the rough draft done soon and then I'll let it sit for editing and go back to the manuscript I was working on.

And that is all...

Behave! 

No comments: