Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Adventures in Grocery Shopping...

1. Getting out the door to do shopping is nearly impossible here on a usual day. Today is was way worse. Certain people decided to get in the shower just as I was ready to head out the door. Ack.
2. The store was busier than I've ever seen it on a Monday.
3. New kinds of Poptarts make my kids really, really happy.
4. Some people have absolutely no sense of humor and do not appreciate the way in which we shop.
5. There will always be a screw up at the check out when you have a very cranky baby. (this happened to the woman in front of me)
6. When you buy a box of pre-cooked bacon and it feels empty, it probably is. Luckily, the cashier mentioned how light it was and I opened it there. Not a thing inside. I would have been ticked off - amused, but ticked off - had I waited to open it while preparing dinner.
7. People get really mad if you mess with their gas points. Also, this has nothing to do with me, just an observation. But since gas costs so much, it's completely understandable.
8. I wonder if it's a good idea to shop where people know you. Just sayin'
9. I'm getting really tired of being asked "can I get something at the checkout?". Luckily, school starts in two weeks and I'll go back to doing the shopping gloriously alone.
10. I hate shopping.
That's all. Another stupid list from me.
Behave!

No comments: