Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2018

HallowReads - Day Three

Yeah, I missed last night. It was a crazy, but good, day.

To the venue a little earlier than expected, so headed out to grab some breakfast. Adorable little cafe downtown and had Cream of Crab soup for breakfast. Awesome!

Back to the venue for a day of workshops and laughter. It went well. When it was done, our little PA posse headed into town for dinner. At at a pub with awesome staff and good food. Then a stop at the wine shop where the ghost stories were being told. We didn't stay too long because it was raining and it was pretty packed.

We were going to get together with the rest of our crew later, but everyone was exhausted.

Today was long...and good.

Started early. I snored like a lumberjack last night, so I owe my roommate a nice bouquet of flowers for not killing me in my sleep. Seriously.

We realized our room fridge froze everything yesterday and while we were gone today, a soda exploded and opened the door. So now everything is warm. Awesome.

Anyway. Went back to the same cafe for breakfast this morning. I wanted the soup again, but opted for something with a little more protein to get me through the day. Seriously good food. Bacon, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel like none I have ever had before.

Arrived at the venue and set up for the book signing. Then off to panels. I had two - one first off this morning and one after lunch. I think they went well. I was told they went well by friends in attendance.

We were supposed to have a food truck on site for lunch, but they cancelled. That sucked. So the coordinator ordered pizza's for lunch. Which was fine, but also the second day in a row I had pizza for lunch, so pizza is off the menu for a little while now. It was totally fine. I was just super disappointed that we had no food truck.

Grabbed food and booked it to my next panel, which was a lot of fun. After that, I desperately needed a break, so I went to the signing room and just chilled. Keynote Speaker was next, which also just happened to be Simon, so went to that. Then the signing.

I sold zero books, but a lot of folks picked up my promo stuff. I also met a lot of lovely people. I still call win, so I'm good. I did, for the first time ever, sign a baby today. Well, a baby's shirt. He was a cute little guy and his mom had come several years ago with his older brother and everyone signed his onsie. So she recreated it for her new son. It was pretty cool.

Then dinner with my writing "brother" and the gang. We laughed our butts off and talked about many things.

There was a haunted house after dinner, but my shins hurt like a mofo from walking the hills in town multiple times in boots, so I conned Simon into dropping me at my hotel on her way back to hers (her feet were killing her, too). I am told that it's a good thing I didn't go. There were like 2,000 steps to walk up to get to the facility. I seriously would probably be laying in the grass somewhere, crying in pain. I was bummed to miss it, but also, incredibly exhausted and I know I made the right decision to not go.

I had a blast here. It feels really good to be back in the world I want to live in with people I like and respect. I'm planning on returning next year and I'm excited about that.

Now to sleep.

Behave!


No comments: