Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Stay-Cation: Day Two

It's Thursday, but it feels like Sunday to me.

The parade was okay. Long. Hot. Buggy. Busy. Seriously, it was the hottest, most packed parade I ever remember. Usually we're freezing and drinking coffee, but not this time and we had squatters trying to overtake our space. Sweaty was the word of the night. There were a lot of good things - K4 getting things ready, my boss coming over with her crew, hanging with my sister, getting to see and hug K5 as she danced by, (awesome! her group came in second!), Mr. B - even though he was still not feeling awesome, knowing I didn't have to go to work on Wednesday.

Yesterday was Stay-Cation Day One. That Man worked a half day, so I slept in. Really not that long, but it was still nice. Got up and sat on the back porch drinking coffee and deciding what I wanted to get done before That Man came home. I started cleaning up our room - we wanted to move some furniture around and I got it about half-way done before That Man came home. Laundry started. Dishes done. More coffee. When he got home, we headed out to gather our things for going to work on the car. Still waiting for insurance, but the people are nice enough to let us work on it even though we're waiting. Ugh.

Did that. Made fettuccine alfredo for dinner at my sister's. We were home by 8:00 and I was in bed by 8:30. Headache. Exhausted. I don't know what's up with that, but K4 was sent back to her dorm by her shop teacher today for the same reason.

Today is Stay-Cation Day Two. Slept in, though since I was in bed so early last night, I woke at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until 4. Ugh. But at least I got to sleep until I naturally woke up again. We drank a bunch of coffee and planned our day. Since we're waiting for insurance and parts, we decided today would be a home day. Ran out for supplies quick. We've been equally lounging and working. Moved furniture, went through our clothing and got rid of a ton of stuff, organized stuff, and soon we'll be making dinner. Since we're on vacation, we decided to have fun stuff for dinner. Yay! Except... neither of us are hungry yet. Meh.

Tomorrow. We'll we don't know yet. I'm hoping the whole vacation thing actually hits me by then! We will probably go and work on the car again, since the parts should be in. I want to do fun stuff , too. We will be sleeping in, but after that... We'll see...And it's only Friday, which means we have three more vacation days! We are totally missing the beach, but it is what it is. We're going to make the most out of what we do have!

That is all.

Behave!

No comments: