Pages

Monday, October 08, 2018

Monday Madness...

Sorry I missed the weekend wrap up. I went to bed at a ridiculous hour last night thanks to an awful headache and feeling like I got hit by a truck.

We found a car for K4. Just need the insurance to do their thing. She's pretty happy. So are we. Despite it needing a little work, it's great on gas, great in snow, and will fit her stuff as she travels back and forth from school.

Chicken Pot Pie for dinner last night. K1, J, and Mr. B came for dinner. It was a whim thing and it was good. K1 had/has hives and needed benadryl. Mr. B wanted to come along because he misses us (and then he tried to convince us to let him stay over, even though we had to work today). We'd made a ginormous batch of pot pie and it just worked out. K1 took a nap on the couch after his medicine. J and I talked baby shower. They took a decent amount of leftovers home. (yay!) It was a nice evening, though I was in bed by 8:30. (see above) They are all not feeling good now. Fevers, more hives, headache, sore. Viral?

The work day wasn't too terrible. I caught up with myself. Yay! I also changed my days off to start with Wednesday, so tomorrow is now my Friday. We still don't know what our time off will hold, but at least we're off and ready. We will probably not be doing the fun thing, but the car thing, and that's okay. We'll be off work and together, so there's that.

Tomorrow night is parade night.

It's okay. I equally like and loathe it. I would like it a lot more if I were home all day to do my thing. But, sadly, I'm not. (though it is my Friday! Yay! ha ha) We didn't put out the word at all, so have no idea if people will really show up beyond the kids (and K1's family is an unknown right now due to the feeling awful). Everyone knows about parade night, and things have been crazy here, so it is what it is.

I still made an insane batch of chili. It's more meat than beans, which is fine. I also made a batch of vegan chili since K3 is supposed to come over. Now if it would just cool off enough to put away until K4 gets home tomorrow to warm it. Seriously. It's been on the counter cooling for two hours and I swear it's still hot enough to burn me. I've also been running around straightening things and sweeping, though I didn't get too crazy with all of that. There is no point.

Okay. That's it.

Ya'll do your thing... I'm going to bed.

Behave!

No comments: