Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October the Last

Bye, October!

You went by so fast! It's not even funny! I feel like I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy you with everything that went on. It seemed like we went from one issue to another. Yeah, we got a little stay-cation, but we spent most of that working on cars. It was over before it even seemed to start.

You're one of my favorite months, and it's sad to see you go.

Next starts the craziness.

As you know, there is no such thing as Thanksgiving anymore.

I find that very sad. I love Thanksgiving. I love everything about it. I love the preparation. I love the cooking. And, of course, everything about the day. Except maybe the dishes, but they can be fun, too.

We're doing Thanksgiving here this year with That Man's family. It's our first year without That Mom, and it's important to be together. We're not even halfway through our firsts without her. I miss her terribly, but it's important to me to be the rock for That Man and That Sister like they were for me.

Already my mind is turning toward Christmas (and not in the "let's get our decorations up" kind of way, but in the "let's financially manage the expectations" kind of way). I refuse to go into debt to purchase gifts. That Man and I are discussing what's most important and how we can be fair and still not feel like cheap skates.

We'll figure it out.

I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about Christmas this year yet. I want to be excited. I want to go all out decorating. I'm just not sure I have it in me yet. We'll see.

That is all.

Behave! 

No comments: