Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Word Count Wednesday

I wrote more words tonight than I have written in a long time!

The new story is, obviously, moving along well. The ideas are flowing. The excitement has remained. It's all very good.

Today was a super super crappy day at the day job. The only way to not wallow in that was to write my fingers off. And that's what I did. It's been a super long time since I wrote to escape the day job, so I take that as a very good sign. And I wasn't only writing crap. I was writing good story!

I ended up at the day job almost an hour later than my clock out time for conversation and discussion and reassurance. After a conversation with That Man on my way home, he cancelled our plans for tonight - not just because of my bad day, but because he was dealing with a bad headache, too. We ordered in for dinner, which was awesome. And we both have lunch for tomorrow.

Tonight, we've been watching people restore the kind of cars we love while I write and we talk intermittently about a lot of different things and plans for the weekend. It's cold outside, but warm in here. Despite it all, it's been a pretty decent night.

Max gets fixed tomorrow. He's locked in K4's room right now with a litter box, water, and a crate. I have to have him at the vet by 8am tomorrow. He had his super awesome treat tonight and honestly, I think he knew something was up. He's going to hate me the most tomorrow, which, I guess, is okay. He likes That Man far more than me anyways, despite me being the one to mainly bottle feed him in his early days. He did sleep with me last night - his purring helping me to actually sleep. (we won't talk about what a shit-show of sleep last night was - okay we will - it was awful. I didn't sleep and at that one moment where you think you're actually going to fall asleep... something happened - either the dog moved, or the kitten decided to bite me, or some random crap happened.... yeah...)

No. I'm not bitter about the lack of sleep. Ha! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sleep tonight.

That is all!

Behave!


No comments: