Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Feel Good Friday - On Saturday...

I started a post last night... I couldn't finish it because I was called to help care for our new foster kittens.

Yeah. You heard that right.

We are now the foster parents to a litter of five kittens.

They are so stinking cute. I can't even tell you how cute! There is an orange one, and he is mine. His name is yet to be determined. But he will be staying. I will post pictures as soon as I have good ones.

K4 is doing most of the work. Bless her. She loves it. I see her fostering kittens for a long time. She knows what she's doing and she's good at it. Currently, she's at my sisters with all five kittens. Giving us a break from what's about to be a long three or so weeks.

The little guys are about 3 weeks or so old. They are tinier than they should be. Their mom was severely malnourished before she ran off. Trust me, we waited as long as we could hoping she would come back, but she didn't. The babies went for almost too long without food. This was a process of checking and checking again and checking more to see if momma would come back. It would have been for the best if she did, but that didn't happen.

They are eating and sleeping and doing the bathroom thing though. All of them appear healthy. They all certainly have voices... lol

Max, the previous rescue, is not sure what in the heck is going on around here. He's avoiding the situation as best he can. We're hopeful that he will step up and be a good influence on the kittens. We'll see. Spenser is disengaged per usual. Elsa is being a kitten mommy. She has to be beside their basket at all times. When they cry, she's making sure we notice. She is so funny.

Anyway.

Today was a good day.

I took care of estate stuff this morning. Had to stop and get big envelopes and then to the bank and then ran home to grab numbers and paperwork that I didn't realize I needed. Then to the post office. Thank goodness. This huge steaming pile of crap is finally out of my hands. I'm hoping I did all of the things right... I guess we'll see...

Then to the grocery store. What a crap show. So busy. And couldn't get everything I needed. Oy.

Stopped by my friends to drop off some things.

Back home to make food and clean. And clean I did. Well. Kind of. Sort of. The entire house is vacuumed. The laundry is still in process. The dishes are all done. And there is a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake chilling in my fridge.

K4 jetted to my sisters. That Man and I went to dinner like we were supposed to last night. It was a good place. And then we hit the mega mart for Easter stuff. Candy for the plastic eggs. Turkey for the sandwiches. And watching people shopping in not only their pajamas, but in their boxer shorts as well... So freaking weird.

I did the writing. I also did the writing last night in between kitten feeding and snuggling.

Last night and today have pretty much washed the work week drama out of the way. That's always a good thing.

Happy Easter!

Behave!

No comments: