Pages

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Tuesday - Second Monday

Like I another Monday in my week! Today was like Monday, only worse... At least Day Job-wise.

Yesterday was crazy at the Day Job. We're so far behind. And trying to train new people... Honestly, the day was a blur. I worked early overtime and came home and literally crashed. I fell asleep on the couch right after dinner (dinner that was ready when I walked in the door). Took a nap and then went to bed by 9, and was asleep until 6am. Yeah, I was that tired. 

Went in early for overtime this morning. The day was super evil and frustrating. We were short a person - the other person in my department that has been there longer than me. So it was just me and the newbies. Training, answering phones, and trying to get my own stuff done. That didn't work too well. My frustration level was (still is) at one of the highest it's been in a long time. 

Came home. That Man and I went to the store for dinner stuff. As we were unloading, we ran into old friends we haven't seen in a few years. That was pretty awesome! We chatted for a few minutes and shared grandkid photos. It's so weird how you don't see people forever and can re-connect like you just saw them a week ago. That definitely made me smile!

After dinner, I worked for about an hour and ended up even more frustrated, which lead to a long email sent to my boss. I don't know if it will help, but I don't know what else to do. I can't keep doing everything I'm doing without losing my ever-loving mind. So we'll see what happens...

I did get some words on the page. My edits are coming soon and I want to be as far as I possibly can be before they get here. I think it will be good to write this book while I edit its predecessor because it'll help me keep the tone I want, but I can see how it's going to freak/stress me out at the same time. 

I started my current work in progress over, because, after doing my art sheets for the new release and thinking a lot, I realized I was missing key things - like a sarcastic heroine and some of the key elements I want to continue. I'm trying. It's hard to focus given the current Day Job situation, but it also helps me to get my mind off of it and get my headspace back. (And I need that to sleep)

Tomorrow is halfway through the week though. We have a meeting tomorrow night, so I won't be working from home, but I will try to get the writing in - depending on how long the meeting takes.

I'm not even thinking about all of the other stuff I have to do that I can't figure out how to fit into this current schedule! 

That's all I have...

Behave!




No comments: