Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Kitten Post #3

The babies are doing well.

They are eating and growing. Not pooping much yet, but that's to be expected with the nutritional state they were in when we got them, them getting used to formula, and their bodies using every bit of nutrition. Some of them do, and some of them are interested in the litter box already, which is good.

We're kind of worried about little "Spurt". He doesn't eat as much as the rest and he struggles when he does eat. But he's adorable and active, so the hope is that he's okay. Most of them will latch onto the bottle, but a few do struggle. Max struggled as well, so that's not an indication of anything.

I will call the vet tomorrow since K4 has not had any luck getting through to them. She wants to take them in to be checked out and hopefully pooped. Our vet is awesome in that she doesn't charge for that with rescues. And she's reassuring.

Yesterday I helped K4 before we both had to go to work, and then helped again when I got home. K3 and A came over last night and they played with them for a while which helped tire them out. This morning, it was That Man and I on duty since K4 had to be at work super early. Well, a lot me, since I didn't wake That Man when K4 woke me and told me they were awake and by the time I got in there, they were all over the place.

We're just waiting for the final feeding so we can go to bed... Ha!

My first round edits for my July release came. I got through all of the easy ones tonight - mostly em dashes and ellipses (my habits) - I have about 10 harder comments to ponder and work on. And then I'll send it back to my editor for another round.

I also got my first look at my cover art. It's gorgeous, but needs a few tweaks. I will share as soon as it's been finalized, but the cover artist definitely captured my vision for it!

The day job has calmed for me a bit. At least for today. I'm pretty much caught up, but I'm the only one. I have some rushes to take care of tomorrow and then I'll start helping everyone else dig out. That's the way it goes. I'm still working the overtime, though tomorrow I will likely go in close to normal time. The kittens need their morning routine, K4 works before me - so I will help her before I shower, and I have to stop at the store, so...

Thursday night we have a date with our granddaughter. A quick dinner out since she has PSSA's at school and needs to be in bed on time. But it will still be fun. She's dying to get here to see the babies and stay overnight, so we'll make that happen soon, too.

On Saturday, I will be in New Jersey for a book signing at a winery. It was a last minute invitation that I gladly accepted. I'm excited. I will be reading, which kind of freaks me out, but I know I can do it. I will also be riding down with friends, so that will be a blast.

And I hear babies moving, so it's time to make the formula...

Behave!

No comments: