Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

End of the Weekend...

And Kittens!

Saturday was a blast! Road-tripping with my peeps! We laughed hysterically, talked about some deep stuff, laughed more, ate, and had an awesome time in the car!

The event was beautiful. The winery was adorable. I didn't taste any, though the merlot milkshake looked pretty amazing. I wanted to try it, but never got around to it. I met other authors who publish at my same publisher, so that was awesome. Talked to people. Didn't read because it was too freaking cold. No one did. It was a lot of fun and I'll be back there next year! It's already confirmed.

The trip back was equal to the trip there. We stopped at an amazing place for dinner. We were starving! Got home around 9pm and hung out with That Man, did some edits. K4 was at her cousin's house. That Man had kitten duty all day. He didn't mind. He also did Jeep maintenance, which was needed.

Oh! So the babies went to the vet Saturday morning. My Fred is the biggest at 13 ounces. No surprise there. The smallest is Bootsie/Socks at 10 ounces. That was unexpected. We thought either Spurt or Regi would be the smallest. The vet gave them a clean bill of health and said they look great. They are doing amazing. They are all using the litter box now. Awesome! They are eating fantastic, playing, and showing their personalities. Fred is a snuggle bug. Regi is a ninja. Goblin is the leader. Bootsie is an instigator, and Spurt is the most playful.

Things are changing fast. And so much has changed just in the week since we've had them. They are awake equal to their sleep time. They play. They are noticing their environment and interacting with it. Spurt keeps seeking out Max. Max is not ready to deal with any of them yet. But he hangs out to see what's going on. Elsa is on "mom" duty. She hangs out near them, looks at us with expectation if she thinks we're not responding to their cries fast enough and is super gentle when one of them is near her - but she's not particularly fond of that.

Tomorrow is back to the grind. Oy. Totally not looking forward to the work day and I hate that. I have a writing chat thing I'm in charge of tomorrow night. Once a month we have dinner together and discuss our stuff and things. Different people "host" and tomorrow is me. I'm looking forward to it. Though I really need to do the final read through of my book before I send it back to my editor. I thought I was done with it and then I read her notes again and I am so not done... Also, I need to finish the newsletter for my writing chapter and I'm so very late with it! Yikes!

Today is the anniversary of That Mom's passing. That Man and That Sister went to the grave-site today. It's rough. He's okay. I'm okay. That sister is okay. So is That Brother, though none of us have actually been able to talk to him today at this point. But the memories of what we were doing this time last year are huge.

Coming up... Another long week at the day job. Doing my final read through and getting my edits back to my editor. Hopefully getting my final cover to share. Prepping for our Jeep event in May. Raising kittens...

That is all!
Behave!



No comments: