Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Random Thursday Ramblings

1. This time next week I'll be at the retreat!
2. Practical joke season has started again in my house. Shaving cream in the toilet paper roll anyone? Not me, B. And I think he got every single one of us. K1 texted me a picture on the shaving cream in the middle of the night that said "one of the freaks that live here did this".
3. B brought home a coffin the other day. Ha! Okay, it looks kinda like a coffin. It's going to be our garden box. But...B's a big dude, and he drives a very little car...and he shoved this 5' by 3' box in his car and drove down the highway with it. I can only imagine what it looked like.
4. The sun is out! Oh, sun! How I've missed you! Instant mood picker upper, that's for sure.
5. My house is a train wreck! And I've got company coming tomorrow evening, prom preparations on Saturday, and Sunday is Mother's Day. (and you get bet your butt I won't be cleaning then). Oh, and tomorrow all day is crazy busy. I might get some stuff done tonight, but...
6. New Supernatural tonight! I can't wait and I'm scared at the same time. I don't want to see the boys fight like it looks like they're going to. I don't want them to be on opposite sides. I don't want Sam to go demon. I don't want Dean to go angel. And I can't tear my eyes away!
7. Hanging out with friends is the best thing ever. And this time next week, I'll be writing AND hanging out with my friends AND not having to worry about my dirty house, what to make for dinner, doing laundry, cleaning up, shopping, letting the dog out, homework, arguing between kids, kids acting like crazy maniacs, getting to bed on time...
8. My new story plotting is going very well. I'm excited to start. I've really taken my time with this one in the hopes that things will flow more smoothly during the actual writing, but I don't believe it always will. I expect to start next Thursday - as long as I can stand to wait that long. I said I was taking a little longer to let my brain rest, and I intend to honor that decision, so...
9. Trying to lose weight sucks. I've been doing very well with my food choices and exercising (though the rain has put a definite damper on that), and I started off by dropping several pounds right away. Now I seem to be stuck. I know why and I know it's transitional, but it's still frustrating. I am tired of hearing "You don't look bad". What I want to hear is "You look good". Does that make sense?
10. Did I mention that prom is this weekend? We tried to order the boutonniere and were treated very, very rudely by the flower shop owner. Rudely enough that I won't go back there. The girl at the desk was very nice and apologetic and obviously embarrassed by the behavior of her boss. It takes a lot for me to get to that point, but when look at me like I don't deserve to be in your store and talk to me like I'm stupid, then...I'm done. I don't need your condescending tone and your superior attitude. You've lost my business. Which, may not hurt you today because you're just too busy to even talk to me, but eventually alienating your customers will come back to bite you in the ass. Because you can bet your butt I'll tell people the way you treated me. (Yes, this just happened so I'm still a little irritated about it)
That's enough for one day, don't you think?
Behave!

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm very envious of you all going to retreat next week. And how about those few hours of sunshine this week. I thought I fell into some kind of space/time warp and ended up living in Seattle.
Glad we did the prom thing already this year. After having five already go to prom, I can't wait until the last one is done with it.

Victoria said...

I wish you could come to the retreat, Sue! You'd love it!
The sunshine was most welcome! I was beginning to question my sanity.
I've got a long way to go to be done with proms. K1 went to one. This is K2's first, so we'll have Senior prom, too. Then two kids to go. Yay.