Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Kicking Butt...

Way back when I first started this blog, I used to say how much I loved Monday! Then, I didn't. For a long time. But now... For right now... I really think Monday is my day! I have kicked total ass today!
Everyone was up and out the door on time! That's a first in over a week around here.
Elsa has not had one accident in the house in two days. Today she began telling me when she needed to go out. Progress!
Job hunting this morning. The resumes sent nearly reach 100. Maybe more. I'm becoming desperate and discouraged. And depressed. I am waiting to hear about two positions, but too afraid to get my hopes up. As much as I would love to be able to stay home and run this house, we absolutely need a second paycheck. I need a job. Immediately.
I met a good friend and fellow author for breakfast today. After making everyone in my local restaurant raise their eyebrows because I was having breakfast with a man that wasn't my husband, (the looks I got. I was very amused! K3 used to work there, so a lot of folks know us) we came back here to write and have puppy time. (When I told That Man about breakfast, he laughed. I'm sure he'll hear something about it from the folks at the diner. LOL)
I kicked total ass.
I only have about 30 pages to edit before I'm ready to submit again. That means I did almost 200 pages today! Awesome! Then! New writing!
I made a fantastic curry dinner. Chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, peppers, onions, and lots of garlic. I had to get "big bertha" (our biggest cooking vessel) out, and there was not much left. AND it was low fat, low carb, and low calorie. Can't beat that with a stick!
It's supposed to be stupid, really stupid, cold tomorrow. There's a chance school will be delayed. I kind of hope for that. A few schools in our area have already delayed. It'll be another hour or so until we get a call if they delay tonight. *Fingers crossed*
Though there isn't much sleeping in right now. That puppy needs to go out early because she can't hold it very long and when she's up, she's in crazy puppy (baby elephant) mode for a little while so by the time she takes a nap, I'm too hyped up on caffeine to even think about going back to sleep. (And think about taking a puppy out in the subzero temps. Not fun at all!!) Which is fine in a lot of ways. I get more done that way. But I'm exhausted every night.
School just called. We're on a delay! I think it's time for an adult beverage! Yippee!
Behave!

No comments: