Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Feel Good Friday

Thank Freaking Everything that it's Friday!!

What a long, long, long week! Yeah, I said long a bunch of times. I'm not sorry. It's the truth. It took all I had to get out of bed and make it into work today. I should have started forty-five minutes before I got there (overtime), but I just couldn't get myself out of the door... So freaking tired.

What was good about the week?

1. Today - today at work was good. We had a food party with tons of awesome food! We had "appreciation" day, which meant we wrote each other sticky notes to tell each other how we appreciated them. That was nice. I liked it because I got to tell someone how they impacted me with some words they shared not too long ago. Everyone was in a good mood and there was so much laughter. The general mood has shifted and it's good.

2. Working from home during the weather. That was good, but there was definitely a kind of "hangover" from working from home. We discussed it and shared ideas on how to not have that happen again. We all missed the leisure of a snow day, but we far more appreciated not being so far behind and not missing pay. It's a balance we need to figure out, but we're so grateful we have this new opportunity. We were also able to work from home for our delay on Thursday, which was awesome, considering we could make up the delay before having to leave to get there on time. Bonus.

3. Getting words on the page. I hit my daily goal every day but last night. Last night I didn't even open my computer. My head hurt. Hell, my brain bones hurt. I fell asleep early and then, obviously, didn't want to get up this morning.

4. Not worrying about dinner tonight. See #1. I brought home leftovers. I am still not hungry.

5. A weekend with That Man... He doesn't work. I have no obligations. He has to help a friend in the morning, but he'll be back before I wake up, so it's all good.

6. Summer concert tickets purchased and hotel reserved. So excited! I had to do the reservations like three times. First I book a hotel like nine miles from the concert venue. Then I found a hotel within walking distance, except it was a stupid wrong room. We're good now. It was a pain. But I'm so excited!!

7. Video chatting with the almost four year old granddaughter tonight. She's a crack up! That Man and I were laughing so hard. She can't be serious at all and it's a giggle fest. Total crappy week made 199% better though!

8. Sleeping in tomorrow!

That is all!

Behave!

No comments: