Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday - Post Weekend

Today was a Monday like most others.

Woke up tired, though I fell asleep on the couch shortly after the Bosses left. Busy, busy day at work. Phone calls were slow. Emails were slow. So I did get a lot caught up. But my coworkers are drowning, so that's what my tomorrow will be - helping them dig out. I've been trying when I work overtime, but it's like taking water out of a sinking ship with a quarter-teaspoon.

Yesterday, we had both boys.

We met them at Big B's Pinewood Derby race. Yes, we're doing the scout thing again with our grandson. It's fun. We're there to watch and support where needed, but we're definitely not doing more. We love scouting. We did it for about twenty years or so - in so many capacities. We definitely loved it or we wouldn't have been so involved. It's going to be exciting to see our son and grandsons evolve in scouting. We're here for support, but definitely not taking on any kind of leadership roles. Though the leaders there tried. Ha!

Did Big B's scout meeting after. With a slightly fussy, but smiley, Little B. Finally got home and Little B fought sleeping so hard. He wasn't crying or anything, but "unsettled" would be a good word. He required all attention and That Man and I passed him back and forth to try to keep him happy.

K4 and Big B hung out for quite a bit of time - they played video games and talked and she didn't even realize how much she was helping us until I thanked her. She was just having fun with her nephew. I love that so much.

That Man ended up having to help K3 with a tire that blew on a busy highway, so it was just me and the boys for a bit. Little B finally gave it up and slept while I was trying to get Big B fed. He continued to sleep until the parentals got here, which he needed to do. And Big B and I had fun in the meantime. He did my hair. We read. He's doing a fantastic job reading! We made smoothies and talked about a bunch of stuff and watched the music videos Big B thinks are funny... Ha!

It was good, even if it was exhausting. I'm super happy that K1 and J got to have some time away. It was the first time since Little B was born, so there's that. And she only texted me once to see how they were doing. (Though I told her that the boys had taken over and little b had pappy in a choke hold...I'm not sure that was appreciated, but I thought it was funny)

And that's that. I'm going to write now. I did super good on Saturday and nothing on Sunday (obviously).

Oh and it's supposed to snow Wednesday. I say bring it. That man says Meh! He doesn't believe it. I really don't either, but I want to.

Behave!

No comments: