Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Snow is Coming!

At least I hope so!

They're calling for 4-8" around here. And some ice later in the storm. It's not supposed to start until I'm already at work though...

But...

As of right now, my office is closed and we're all cleared to work from home tomorrow. Awesome! If the forecast changes overnight, we'll have to go in, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. We'll know for sure in the morning.

I know working from home is hard. The scenery change can be distracting. Not having the same technology is challenging. I work on three huge monitors and will be down to one decent-sized one. I might not have access to some programs I need, though I tried to foresee that kind of thing and make sure I could get where I needed to be. I know the work is not going to flow as fast as usual because of the computer screens and challenges above. But I'm still excited.

I can stay in my jammies, do laundry, and listen to loud music. Or put my favorite shows/movies on as a backdrop to my work day. And there is no ringing phone. The only calls I'll have to answer are from my sales reps.

The suck part is that typically a snow day means a writing day for me. I'm going to miss that part, though I do still have to take a lunch, so I can use that time to get my words on the page. And if it does snow, our evening obligation will likely cancel, so I will have that time, too.

It's just awesome that the bosses recognized our workload and how stressed we are by the weather messing up our work day and offered this solution. I'm hoping that we can make major progress in getting caught up.

And that's a wrap. I'm going to get my words in now and then crash. Been fighting a sinus headache all day...

Behave!

No comments: