Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Snow Day...

Or not...

I worked from home all day. Started at 6:45 and finally gave it up around 4:15. So a tiny bit of overtime, less than I wanted, and I should have had lower expectations. I can't help that I woke at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep.

It did end up being a good day. It was quiet. I only talked to one of my reps all day and most of it was while he was in traffic and fighting the snow (speaker phone, he wasn't driving on cell - it's illegal where he lives).

Got a lot done. The kitten tried to take my headphones and then bit me, but then he went to find a place to sleep. Had a productive conversation with my boss. Got a co-worker more caught up.

The downside:

No nap.
No writing.
No epic cooking.
No phone calls to the stock people.

What I did get done besides work:
Laundry
Dishes

And those were both done while I was on the phone with either my boss or my rep, so...

So... I'm okay with working from home. I need to have more realistic expectations. My lunch break should have been spent writing, but it was more chaos and I didn't take my full break, because... come on.... It was the first time though, so there is hope...

We did have a good dinner. I am going to do the writing now, but I should so be sitting on like 7k words by now and I should have had a nap... I don't know...

That's all...

Behave!


No comments: