Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Saturday...

It was good to sleep in. So good.

I got words written this morning. Actually hit my modified daily goal before eleven. (Modified so I can catch up to where I need to be.) I am going to try to double that here in a bit. If I can stay awake. Ha!

Did the adulting thing - sheets washed, stuff cleaned, bills paid. Then ran to the mega mart for new pillows and random stuff. That Man wasn't happy that I threw his pillow away, but it smelled like dog butt and had to go. I found the chopper-thingy I've been missing for way too long. I love this chopper-thingy. I broke my last one about two years ago and have been majorly missing it ever since. So freaking happy to have a chopper-thingy again! I also snagged a blender because ours crapped out and I've been craving smoothies. Believe it or not, I didn't spend much at all...

The grocery store, however, is a completely different story. I'm not even sure what happened there, but I was kind of in shock when the total came up. Plus I forgot fabric softener, dishwasher soap, and cereal. So...

Missed seeing my work friends. A bunch of things happened that prevented me from going. It's okay. I guess.

Made a banging lasagna for dinner - not on me. That Man made the sauce. All I did was throw the ingredients together. And a major banging appetizer. Saw it on the food channel this morning and it fit with our dinner theme, so I tried it. Little caprese tomatoes, stuffed with basil and mozzarella and topped with breadcrumbs. OMG... So good! Of course, I modified it a little. I couldn't part with the almost $10 for the little mozzarella balls the store had, so I bought a fresh block for 1/3 of that. I didn't have breadcrumbs (still think there's breadcrumbs in the pantry somewhere, but I couldn't find them), so I took some flavored crackers and made crumbs out of them, seasoned them with italian stuff and garlic. Definitely something I'll make again.

Tomorrow is Boss day. We're meeting them at big Mr. B's scout pinewood derby race and will take it from there. It'll be a long day, but that's okay. The kids have a meeting for an event they're heavily involved in and it's the first time they've left little Mr. B with anyone. So it's a big day.

And that is all...

Behave!


No comments: