Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2019

Feel Good Friday & Weekend Wrap Up... All in One...

Efficient. I know! Ha!

Nah. It's just been that kind of a weekend.

Friday was rough. Well, hell, the entire week was rough, so by Friday I was so tired, I don't even remember the drive home. Got home, ordered a stromboli, and fell asleep on the couch about ten minutes after we were done eating. We were in bed by 8:30. And I slept until 8:30 Saturday morning.

If that doesn't explain it, I don't know how else to say it...

Saturday was my writing meeting. So good to have my group back. The laughter, support, and friendships are back and it's amazing. We had a productive business meeting and an awesome speaker. That Man picked me up (well, yeah, he dropped me off, too) and we headed for a few groceries. K4 went to her cousins, so it was just the two of us for dinner. Made amazing chicken sandwiches and again, went to bed early.

I was up pretty early this morning, though. Got started on the house. Put more Christmas stuff away. The only thing left are the Christmas dishes in the hutch. We're hoping our niece still wants it, and I'll just put the dishes away when/if it goes out the door. I do want it to go. There's too much furniture in my dining room and we would love to take the wall separating the kitchen and dining room out, so...

Household maintenance took up a good part of the morning and afternoon. The sheets were washed, the vacuum run. The K1 & J, K3 & A, and my little bosses came over. Got some grandson time, made ham & green beans for dinner, and a cake to celebrate That Man's birthday tomorrow. Little Boss is so stinking cute. He's smiling now, and cooing, and interested in the lights and shadows around him. Big Boss is also cute. He loves his brother and is so good with him. We threw the football for a bit - well, until he decided soaking in a freezing cold puddle before he threw it to me was jolly fun. Ha! The kid has a good arm though.

The older kids played a game. J did some laundry. Pappy and I got some baby time. The dog got super muddy, which was not cool, but whatever. It is what it is. The temps warmed up and the yard is like an icy, muddy swampland.

And... tomorrow is Monday again. It is That Man's birthday, so we have dinner plans tomorrow night that I am excited about. His other gift will be here before we head out. That's the best part about tomorrow.

And that is all... I have writing to do!

Behave!

No comments: