Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Halfway Through...

Or I guess over half... But OY!

The OT is exhausting. But, yeah, I'm working it because... extra money, getting caught up... Both good things. I'm waiting to hear if I can go over the allotted time, but that answer hasn't come through yet. With the Jeep being down and That Man having to take me to work, well, it makes sense... But who knows, because I have no answer at all... Harumph!

We shirked our regular Wednesday night commitment mostly due to That Man not feeling great and the need to take care of some meat... Ha! That sounds funny! But we purchased some fresh ground beef from one of the farmer's at That Man's work and we had to package and freeze it. Twenty-four huge burgers, six ginormous meatballs, smaller and larger packages for various meals. We have more ground beef in our freezer than I've purchased in the last six months, so I would say we're pretty set for the moment.

We had burgers for dinner and they were delicious. Salt, pepper, and a slow cook in the cast iron skillet. Oh man! Yum.

I did the writing. I'm over my projected word count for the day of the month, which is awesome, and I'm not going to slack because I want this book done. I'm so grateful that I'm able to write with as much stress as I'm handling at the day job. I would be one pissed off person if the day job sucked my writing away. I've already experienced that suck with other life events and I will fight tooth and nail for it not to happen again. At the same time, I try to be logical and gentle with my expectations, which is why I'm super happy that my word count is what it is right now. It gives me wiggle room for the evenings when I'm so fried I can't see straight.

Tomorrow we will have the Bosses here for dinner. We're making chicken curry and rice. It should be good.

And this weekend is the annual greenhouse book signing. I'm so excited. It's probably my favorite event of the year. Well, it is my favorite event. I'm pretty much ready. Just need to grab a bag of chocolate and some change and I'm good to go.

That's all. Morning comes way too early this week.

Behave!

No comments: