Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2017

The End of the Weekend...

Today was the "Women Helping Women" event.

It was a lot of fun. The place is a nursery - similar to where we have our February event, but not quite as big. They had appetizer food, hot chocolate, and wine. Everyone got two tickets for wine. I gave mine away, because I was driving. Found some Tastefully Simple stuff I needed. And found something super cool for my siblings - which I will give to them Thursday because I can't stand not to.

I sold zero books - like most of us. Only two out of seven of us sold books, but not very many. We spoke to the shelter organizers about our upcoming donation with our anthology stories. It was fun to talk shop and hang out with my writing buddies, but it was a long day. When we were done, most of us went to dinner and then it was the long drive home. It took about an hour and a half each way. I have no problem with that, but the winds were high again, so my poor Jeep took a beating and so did I. Nothing like white knuckling it over the bridge fighting the gusts you're afraid will flip you into the river below.

Now, my comfy pants are on. My writing has been done. I came home to a cleaner house than I left and to several projects being completed in my absence, which is cool. I'm tired though. My ear hurts, too.

I think I'm off to bed.

Behave!

No comments: